Posting to the North Texas SHRM Job Board is a free service for NTSHRM members, and only $25 for non-NTSHRM members! Please email Amanda Renfroe if you have job opportunities you are interested in advertising through our website. To post a job, please submit a job description in Word format attached to an email. All submissions must be approved by a North Texas SHRM representative before they will be posted. It is not required for job opportunities to be HR related.
Please note: Job postings will expire after a month, extension will be approved on a case by case basis. We kindly ask you to let us know if your position is filled before the expiration date. Please email Amanda Renfroe if you have any questions.
Senior Human Resources Generalist
Supports human resources programs across multiple locations and functional areas alongside local HR department by providing human resources services including but not limited to: talent management; safety coordination; technical training; HRIS/records management, employee relations; incident investigations; employee retention; and, AA/EEO compliance in a manufacturing firm.
In addition to the technical qualifications of this position, the individual must demonstrate a strong character, excellent communication skills, and a willingness to build a solid working relationship with all functional areas. This position will be located in our largest manufacturing site in North America in Denton, TX but will support multiple locations.
Performance Objectives and Responsibilities
· Responsible and accountable for all Human Resources functions for assigned functional areas.
· Responsible for the recruitment process for designated hourly and salaried openings. Ensures the most qualified candidates are selected.
· Ensures proper onboarding for new team members, including all paperwork, informing new hires of company benefits, and reviewing the applicable employee policies and procedures. Partners with HR Generalists and Safety Team on the New Employee Orientation Process and continually refines and improves the process.
· Manages headcount, turnover and other relevant HR data.
· Administers benefits issues for employees - disability claims, FMLA, tuition reimbursement, wellness initiatives, and other benefits.
· Ensures and maintains compliance with federal and state regulations and employment practices.
· Assists in the interpretation of company policies and procedures. Proactively ensures that company policies are administered in a fair and equitable manner.
· Develops, reviews and updates facility policies and procedures as needed.
· Partnering with HR, operations and functional management, develops, administers and conducts training and development programs.
· Monitors the salary administration and performance appraisal process for assigned groups, ensuring timely adherence and review for appropriateness and completeness.
· With site leadership supports safety initiatives including safety committee meetings, audits, accident investigations, workers compensation benefits, and training.
· Participates in the development and implementation of departmental goals.
· Provides positive employee relations to include complaint investigations and counseling.
· Coaches, counsels and mentors site leadership and employees.
· Partners with leadership to design and implement effective communications and recognition programs.
· Manages the de-boarding process including resignations, terminations, and business reductions.
· Responds to unemployment compensation requests and workers compensation wage requests.
· Provides leadership and support for all company initiatives.
· Manage/administer all immigration matters for assigned areas
· Actively participate and lead employee engagement initiatives resulting from annual survey
· Act as lead HR resource for team in the absence of the Sr. HR manager
· Perform other job related duties as required.
· Bachelor's degree Human Resources, Organizational Development or Business Administration
· 7-10 years of progressive HR experience with at least 5+ years of HR management experience in a successful expertise preferably in a manufacturing and/or distribution center.
· Experience with Lean and/or High Performance Work Team desired.
· PHR/SPHR certification preferred but not required.
· KRONOS experience and payroll knowledge desired.
· JD Edwards knowledge a plus
· Workday experience is a plus
· Knowledge and experience in OSHA Administration desired.
· Experience and knowledge in employment law as it relates to temporary, regular, and temp-to-hire employees (California state law is preferred)
· Advanced leadership, influence and communication skills.
· Planning, decision making and problem solving skills
· Must possess maturity, strong business ethics, professionalism, leadership skills, communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
· Normal mobility, manual dexterity, normal visual and auditory ability necessary.
Leadership & Performance
· Describe Outstanding Performance: Excellent work ethics and ability to perform independently and within team-based environment; demonstrates willingness and versatility of handling variety of tasks and challenges; respectful of others; builds solid understanding of our business and products; delivers results.
· Leadership & Attributes Critical to Success: Highly motivated and will ensure functional teams meet or exceed commitments.
· Career Development & Learning Opportunities: Human Resources
· Customer/Client Focus and attention to details. Internal Customers