Posting to the North Texas SHRM Job Board is a free service for NTSHRM members, and only $25 for non-NTSHRM members! Please email Amanda Renfroe if you have job opportunities you are interested in advertising trough our website. To post a job, please submit a job description in Word format attached to an email. All submissions must be approved by a North Texas SHRM representative before they will be posted. It is not required for job opportunities to be HR related.
Please note: Job postings will expire after a month, extension will be approved on a case by case basis. We kindly ask you to let us know if your position is filled before the expiration date. Please email Amanda Renfroe if you have any questions.
ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN I Fulltime – City of Sanger
This position is primarily responsible for performing all aspect of Accounts Payable and Purchasing functions. In addition, this position provides backup support to utility customer service and payroll operations.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Prepares vendor invoices for payment
2. Reviews accounts payable vouchers and purchase orders for proper coding and authorization
3. Enters invoices for payment in INCODE accounting system
4. Coordinates with City departments for vendor invoice receipt and payment
5. Reconciles vendor invoices with monthly statements
6. Reconciles monthly credit card statement with purchases
7. Reviews employee travel vouchers
8. Maintains various Excel spreadsheets
9. Prepares various reports assigned by Finance Director
10. Maintains and files accounting and customer service records
11. Assists with utility customer service operations as needed
12. Assists with cash collections operations as needed
13. Assists with payroll operations as needed
14. Prepares journal entries
15. Answers telephones
16. Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
· Ability to demonstrate good customer relations practices
· Basic knowledge of accounting functions and procedures in one or more of the following areas: accounts payable, payrolll, purchasing, budget, utility billing, accounts receivable, etc.
· Basic knowledge of office procedures, equipment and financial system software
· Ability to process, track and control cash payments
· Ability to compose and prepare correspondence, reports, etc. utilizing proper business English
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, using proper business English
· Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
· Ability to establish work priorities and complete job tasks within specified time frame
· Ability to follow all City safety rules and operating procedures at all times
· Ability to maintain respectful and courteous relationships with co-workers, staff and customers
· Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
The incumbent works in a typical office environment with little or no exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Requires lifting up to 25 pounds and includes repetitive actions while sitting or standing. May require sitting and working at a computer for extended periods of time.
· Prior experience using INCODE software
· Associate Degree in Accounting or Finance
· Two (2) years experience in governmental accounting, finance, or budgeting
· Bilingual in English and Spanish
City of Sanger, Texas
Hotel Human Resource Director
O'Reilly Hospitality Management, LLC - Embassy Suites by Hilton Denton Convention Center - Denton, TX
We are looking for an outstanding bi-lingual HR director that has a passion for community service, Health and Wellness of their team, and a commitment to the environment. O’Reilly’s culture is that we do whatever it takes to make every guest smile, thanks to award-winning service, sustainable green practices, and a staff buoyed by working for a caring and involved company.
Opening in November 2017, the Embassy Suites by Hilton Denton Convention Center will feature 318 guestrooms and 70,000 square feet of convention space in a Gold Leed Building, only the second hotel in the Dallas Metroplex to achieve this distinction.
Skills & Abilities:
Qualifications / Educational Requirements:
Salary Range $55,000 +